- Soil moisture-vegetation-precipiation feedbacks in North America (2003-2006)
- Ecohydrologic data-model fusion in East Asia (2015-Present)
- Modelling Pan-Arctic land-ecosystem processes (2017-Present)
Kim Y and Wang GL, 2007, Impact of vegetation feedback on the response of precipitation to antecedent soil moisture anomalies over North America. Journal of Hydrometeorology, 8(3), 534-550, doi:10.1175/JHM612.1.
- Seasonal variation of water and carbon fluxes in Amazon rainforest (2006-2009)
- Water and carbon fluxes in Jeju and Korean peninsula (2016-Present)
- Modeling the processes and impacts of arctic shrub expansion (2017-Present)
Kim Y, Knox RG, Longo M, Medvigy D, Hutyra, LR, Pyle EH, Wofsy SC, Bras RL and Moorcroft PR, 2012, Seasonal carbon dynamics and water fluxes in an Amazon rainforest, Global Change Biology, 18, 1322-1334, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2486.2011.02629.x.
- Development of vegetation phenology and allocation model (2006-2010)
- Uncertainties of phenology parameters and its influences on the water and carbon fluxes (2017-Present)
Kim Y, Moorcroft PR, Aleinov I, Puma MJ and Kiang NY, 2015, Variability of phenology and fluxes of water and carbon with observed and simulated soil moisture in the Ent Terrestrial Biosphere Model (Ent TBM version 18.104.22.168.0). Geoscientific Model Development, 8(12), doi:10.5194/gmd-8-3837-2015.
- Land data assimilation for the hydrologic forecasting in Korea (2016-Present)